Giving at Belle Glade’s First
Giving at Belle Glade’s First Baptist Church
“But just as you excel in everything… see that you also excel in this grace of giving.”
– 2 Corinthians 8:7
The Bible says, “The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives.” (Deuteronomy 14:23 TLB) Tithing is a reminder that God is the supplier of everything we have. It is also God’s personal invitation to an outpouring of his blessing in your life. At Belle Glade’s First, there are multiple ways to give. Find the one that’s right for you . . .
Ways to Give at Belle Glade’s First
There are multiple ways for you to give at Belle Glade’s First Baptist Church. Each method allows for God’s work to be done as you are faithful to his calling to give back.
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and our church. Some of them are. . .
- Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
- Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Belle Glade’s First Baptist Church – Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
Automated Bank Debit
Automated Bank Debit is the easiest and most effective way to automate your giving. Once it is set up, you may update or change your giving at any time by simply contacting the church office. Plus, 100% of your gift goes to the ministries of Belle Glade’s First Baptist Church because there are no processing fees.
To sign-up, complete an auto-debit form and mail or fax the completed form to the church office to have your giving automatically deducted from your checking or savings account.
Stocks / Bonds / Securities
Appreciated Marketable Securities are a great way to maximize your giving, because you receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full fair market value of your securities. In addition, you pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
For more information on giving stocks/bonds/securities to Belle Glade’s First Baptist Church, e-mail our office.
Tithes and Offerings
Financial giving at Belle Glade’s First can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is ten percent of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis. You can learn more about tithes here. When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering.
The ministry of Belle Glade’s First is funded by God’s provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful church members and attenders. At Belle Glade’s First, we honor God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of our church remains beyond reproach.
Our mission is facilitated through our system of internal controls over financial reporting and our internal budgeting and reporting processes. Additionally, Belle Glade’s First has an annual financial review performed by an independent accounting firm.
Members of Belle Glade’s First may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting us by email or phone.
A Note About Credit Cards
We do not accept credit cards for tithes and offerings or event payments. However, we strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer or personal online banking rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic transfer or using your own online banking, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.